Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Interview about natural habitats in the UAE


General information about the speaker

This is an interview with one of the RAK HCT Women’s college teachers. She is Canadian and she lives in Ras Al Khaimah. She has been in the UAE since 2002. Her favorite hobbies are reading and swimming.

We interviewed her and we asked her some questions about the natural habitats in the UAE. We took some notes about the questions that we asked.
Photo by: Fatima

The interview
Question 1: What do you think about nature in the UAE?

Speaker: Nature in the UAE is amazing. It is different than where I lived in Canada. The desert in the UAE is different than the desert in Canada. In the UAE, there are different types of deserts. For example, I noticed that the desert in many areas in Abu Dhabi is flat whereas the desert in RAK contains many sand dunes. By the way, I like the UAE’s desert after the rain.

About the mountains she said:
Before I came to the UAE, I thought that the mountains are very scary because they don’t have green color on them. However, I discovered immediately after I lived in RAK that these gray and brown mountains are wonderful and mountains to me now are ‘Good luck sign’.

She also added :
I like to walk on the UAE’s beaches and I like to swim in the warm water. Seas in the UAE are warmer than Canada’s seas and they have a different color.


Question 2: What are your favorite natural habitats in the UAE? (e.g. mountains area, deserts or beaches)

Speaker: I like the beaches very much. I like to spend my time walking on the beach or swimming on the sea because the scene of the beaches and seas calm me down.


Question 3: What are your favorite activities in these places (e.g. skiing, swimming) and where do you usually practice them?

Speaker: I like to swim in the sea, join boat trips and I wish to see the camel racings in the desert.


Question 4: Have you ever joined a course that teaches you how to practice these activities?

Speaker: No, I didn’t


Question 5: What are the places that you advise tourists to visit in the UAE? Why?

Speaker: I advise them to attend camel racings and to join car pashing safaris in the desert.


Question 6: Do you like adventures? Why?

Speaker: Yes, I do. I like safe adventures.


Question 7: What are your advices to the UAE’s citizens, residents and tourists to protect these natural habitats?

Speaker: My number one advice is to throw the garbage in the garbage cans. I think that this should start from UAE’s citizens because I believe that if the citizens respect the rule, this means that there is a big chance that the tourists will respect the rules.

We like to thank Maria Mcmillan for giving us the chance to interview her.

Post some questions that you like to ask the speaker.

2 comments:

  1. I like your interview and i wish to visit Canada very soon.
    My questions are:
    What are the good places on Canada?
    What more habitats you have in your country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is good luck sign mean?
    (You sayed this in the interview)

    ReplyDelete